Outdoor entertainment tends to take a back seat when the late evening chill sets in. However, as the temperatures start to drop in the cooler months, having tabletop patio heaters will help you and your guests stay warm through the night. Tabletop heaters come in handy to allow you to enjoy more time outside under the beauty of the stars.
Tabletop heaters are an excellent alternative to full-sized patio heaters or fire pits. Most of them come in a compact size that makes them easy to handle. Besides, they take up minimal space on your table but can warm up a large area to keep as many people warm as possible.
When shopping for a tabletop heater, you will encounter many products that may complicate your decision-making process. Fortunately, this guide shows you the best tabletop patio heaters to help you find a model that meets your needs.
Shop a large selection of Tabletop Patio heaters at Wayfair.
How to Choose the Best Tabletop Patio Heaters?
There are a couple of things to consider when choosing a heater for your patio. The first is to determine the size of your patio. If you only host a few people, a smaller tabletop heater should be sufficient. Go for a large heater when you are hosting large groups, and in this case, you might want to consider a large freestanding heater. A mounted heater would come in handy for a large outdoor space that you frequently use to host parties. You may also want to think about the type of fuel the heater uses. The most common heaters based on the fuel source are electric, gas, and propane heaters.
Electric patio heaters require you to plug them in but are more fuel-efficient than their gas-powered counterparts. However, they heat you directly, meaning there is less energy lost in the whole process.
Gas patio heaters are commonly used in pub gardens and are ideal for large crowds. They have a pyramid shape that holds the gas neatly away. In addition, gas heaters feature fully adjustable dials to let you control the heat level.
Propane heaters require a propane tank to function. They heat up quickly and are easy to move from one place to another. However, they are more expensive than gas heaters and may not be ideal for covered spaces.
Best Tabletop Patio Heaters
Whether you choose a propane, gas, or electric tabletop heater for your patio, the idea is to have a product that adequately meets your needs for large and small crowds alike. Here are some that make it to the top list of best patio heaters.
1. Tripod Infrared 1500 Watt Electric Patio Heater
This makes for the perfect patio heater because of its flexible design. The tripod-heater combination saves you money and provides the ultimate flexibility with your heating needs. The tripod is also adjustable, allowing you to place the heater anywhere within the patio. However, this depends on the size of the crowd and the heat level required.
The rubber grips at the bottom of the tripod stand provide a firm grip to ensure your unit doesn't fall. In addition, the frame features heavy-duty, rust-free materials to protect your heater from damage. Besides, installing your heater on the tripod is a simple 2-screw process.
Features of the tripod infrared 1500-watt electric patio heater include:
- Easy set up that allows you to warm up your space in a few seconds
- Instant heat produced by the silent yet comfortable heater
- Portable and adjustable tripod that enables you to position the heater on the tabletop or floor
- Weatherproof materials that protect your heater from weather elements like rain and dust
You can buy this heater from Wayfair.
2. Frontgate Sundry Patio Heater
Frontgate is a top choice for luxury outdoor furniture and is home to some of the best patio heaters. The Sundry heater model is the top model for 2021, with everything about it spelling warmth and luxury. It is a propane-powered heater that provides an impressive 50,000 BTUs of heat to keep you and your family or friends warm on the chilliest nights. The heater's structure comprises stainless steel, glass, and aluminum and assumes a unique column shape.
The reflector and burner have a creative construction of sturdy aluminum and stainless steel enclosed in a glass tube. This construction ensures that heat evenly diffuses all around the heater and into the air. The sturdy base has glass concrete reinforced with fiber to withstand weather elements. The igniter and safety-shut technology ensure that you can easily use the heater while enjoying the stylish design.
Outstanding features of the Frontgate Sundry heater include:
- Stainless steel burner and grates designed for durability
- Weather-resistant glass-fiber-reinforced concrete
- Protective steel cage
- It uses a standard 20 lb. propane tank which does not come in the package.
- Glass tube that enhances heat distribution
- The heater has a lower storage compartment for ease of access to the propane tank.
- Easy assembly
- For outdoor use only
- A CSA-approved product
Buy the Frontgate Sundry heater from here.
3. Hammer Tone Heater
This unique patio heater features an authentic finish blended with a precision design. The final result is a product that takes outdoor heating to a higher level. Hammer Tone has a BTU output of 46,000 BTUs, which is good enough to radiate comforting warmth as you sip drinks at the patio. The heater features durable stainless steel that encompasses safety shut-off technology for personification of style and function.
Features of the Hammer Tone patio heater are:
- Stainless steel and hammered powder-coated steel construction
- 46,000 BTU output with a Piezo igniter
- Auto-shut-off tilt valve that ensures your safety
- It uses a 20 lb. propane gas that does not come with the package.
- Broad base for improved stability
- Stainless steel burners and heating grid
- Easy assembly
The Hammer Tone patio heater is available from Frontgate.
4. EvenGLO Portable Propane Patio Heater
EvenGLO is not your standard heater because it falls in a different price range from patio heaters. But, while it's an expensive product, its features are worth every penny you spend on it. The build quality is on top of the range and guarantees you durability with proper care.
The metal in its structure is much thicker for enhanced stability. Putting the unit together before using it is an easy process as most of the parts come riveted together. In addition, it features a large, single-piece polished heat reflector that aids in heat distribution. You will also like it for the aesthetic aspect of the heater it brings out. The overall design of the heater is attractive, with the control knob conveniently placed within reach. The knob is made of high-quality metal and functions seamlessly. However, while the heater works well under normal circumstances, you may want to avoid it when it is windy. This is because the wind prevents the flames from heating the heat dispenser. Consequently, there is a little infra-red that radiates towards you.
Features of the EvenGLO patio heater are:
- Produces 46,000 BTUs to keep you warm enough
- The stainless steel metal comes from marine-grade 316 steel.
- Available in black and bronze versions that feature a steel frame with a powdered coat finish
- The base is rubber-weighted for enhanced stability.
- It comes with a wheel bracket that comprises ball-bearing wheels.
The EvenGLO patio heater is available from the Frontgate store.
5. 1500 Watt Electric Tabletop Patio Heater
Your outdoor life will feel right with this Star Patio electric heater. IT provides instant and steady heat to warm up your chilly evening as you catch up with friends and family at the patio. Its heat levels are high enough to heat up to 12 square feet. The setup requires minimal output, and once ready, all you need is a pull-string switch to light it up. The heater's output is a unique style of infrared warmth that makes your space beautiful, both indoors and outdoors. Besides, the heater comes equipped with an auto shut-off system for anti-tip protection.
The heat output is ideal for four to five people sitting around the heater. Moreover, it is a stable product and functional enough for any space that needs more warmth, including the bedroom, garage, and balconies.
Features of the 1500 Watt electric tabletop patio heater are:
- It comes with the newest dome-shaped design for an aesthetic appeal.
- The heater is portable and fashionable.
- Its versatility allows you to use it in more places than just the patio.
- Safe and environmentally friendly. It produces no odor, fumes, or noise.
- Superior infrared heating that withstands weather elements like the wind
- Efficient halogen tube technology for enough warmth and has a lifetime of 5,000 hours
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use
The 1500 watt electric heater is available here.
Find the Right Patio Heaters for You
Getting a tabletop heater is an excellent idea to ensure you can still enjoy your night parties when the weather is chilly. The list above is your guide to the five best tabletop patio heaters you may want to consider this season. For more décor ideas for your patio and indoor space, read more on our blog.